freedominwickedness:By the way, cases in which a person only came out as trans after being in prison don’t really count unless the person has been released and stayed trans. Behavior in the prison environment is totally different from behavior in the outside world, and temporarily becoming gay and/or trans is an uncommon but not unheard-of strategy used by prisoners to try to cope with the stress and danger of incarceration. It falls under the category of extreme survival behavior.
I’m not intending to dismiss your over all point because yeah transwomen/cis-folk crime is almost always crime in which transwomen are the victims (and yeah the the media and the criminal justice system is fucked, and extra fucked if you are trans* and extra extra extra fucked if you are a transwoman.
buuuuuuuuuuuuutttt…. your rhetoric is super problematic.
first, if you are going to use stats, especially ones that are absolutes, you need to know that it becomes super easy for anyone with google to look up the facts and find out if you are telling the truth or not. and like I’m all for exaggeration/hyperbole/flat out lying. but I also know that when you are talking about stupid cis-people they will find any reason to discredit the everything you say and thus everything any person ever says about trans*stuff. also there are like a million really powerfull stats about trans people so there is no point making shit up.
but more importantly…I’m calling bullshit on the point about incarcerated trans or gay peoples queer identities being invalidated because they might be “extreme survival behavior”.
A.) all identity is contextual, even if that context is prison.
B.) extreme survival behavior is a term used to refer to reproductive habits not identity expression.(http://www.insectscience.org/10.101/i1536-2442-10-101.pdf) so like maybe if people who are “prison gay” or ‘prison trans*’(which I guess is a thing) somehow end up reproducing or even think that whatever gay contact they have or trans*identity they adapt will lead to offspring, then that might be classified as extreme survival behavior but otherwise this is a misuse of the term (although you could make a case of a contextual shift in meaning… for that refer to point A.)
C.) even if we were to broaden the definition of “extreme survival behavior” to include situations in which a change in identity expression or sexual orientation that definition would undoubtedly be able to extend to trans* and queer people who are in a variety of taxing environments or who exist in a context that is out of their control and this would be invalidating/denying the identities or like most trans* and queer people.
- pleadingthefilth likes this
- stopthattimerave likes this
- eirpeturs likes this
- sweetprey reblogged this from mermaidofspace
- mermaidofspace reblogged this from marcinhaunts
- keepdancingonmyown reblogged this from dandelionchild
- clickthefrog likes this
- fallthroughthesky reblogged this from phanapoeia
- phanapoeia reblogged this from your-ridiculous-lies
- your-ridiculous-lies reblogged this from homoerotics
- ravenclawnerd123 likes this
- snakegrl1306 reblogged this from homoerotics
- doyourememberthechainler likes this
- cat-anon likes this
- abhorticulture likes this
- temporal-pair-o-socks reblogged this from mitsuki-zi
- mitsuki-zi reblogged this from crevan-grietje
- crevan-grietje likes this
- kosmonauttihai reblogged this from homoerotics
- delineatingkaj reblogged this from nadrawj
- forgottendance reblogged this from kissthisfistninja
- pomme-poire-peche reblogged this from nadrawj
- nadrawj reblogged this from villiljos
- thekillinggame likes this
- chosen-name likes this
- acoodledoodledooo likes this
- bdsm-v reblogged this from villiljos and added:
- villiljos reblogged this from mygayshoes
- i-like-kittens reblogged this from homoerotics
- monopolizers reblogged this from homoerotics
- villiljos likes this
- seulementpourlesamoureux reblogged this from mygayshoes
- artemissian reblogged this from mr-introverted
- mr-introverted reblogged this from mygayshoes
- nightmaresofpassivity likes this
- allostasis likes this
- cloud-scapes reblogged this from mygayshoes
- mygayshoes reblogged this from stephtheawesome
- foreverqueird reblogged this from transboybearcub
- alannamd reblogged this from homoerotics
- a-personal-jab likes this
- harmalade likes this
- rangerose reblogged this from wickedcorsair
- rangerose likes this
- bunniesarescarierthanspike reblogged this from homoerotics
- blainedevonsmythe reblogged this from homoerotics
- gaffosske likes this
- mastadons reblogged this from homoerotics
- theflavorofmymadness reblogged this from nightsinwonderland